Archive for Social Media
As your marketing and admission season ramps up, you will likely place advertisements in local magazines and newspapers (and for some of you, you may also pay to advertise on Facebook as well.) Here are 5 tips to make your advertising more effective: Read More→
Hashtags are the rage on Twitter, Instagram and even Facebook (and yes, they are available on other platforms as well). There are alot of you out there who are still confused about what hashtags are or even how to use them effectively within social media or your printed materials.
Listen to our podcast on hashtags and enjoy the first minute or 2 if you’re a fan of Jimmy Fallon or Justin Timberlake!
- Read about using hashtags in social media and events at your school (yourschoolmarketing.com/hashtag)
- See below or click here for more PODCAST episodes.
- Suggest a TOPIC or GUEST for the school marketing podcast.
- If you have a question or comment about this episode or any of our school marketing podcast shows, leave us a VOICEMAIL.
- Review our podcast in iTunes – your positive feedback tells other school marketing, admission and communication professionals that this is worth their time (remember, most podcast episodes are only 14 min and 29 seconds long!)
- To subscribe to the school marketing podcast, click on the image below:
The following is a guest article I wrote for EdSocialMedia.com – an awesome site for exploring the role of social media in schools!
In addition to the article below, here are the additional posts I have written for them in the past:
- Marketing Fail: 7 Opportunities You Missed at Graduation
- 3 ingredients for your school’s social media (part 1)
- 3 ingredients for your school’s social media (part 2)
In the most recent article, I take a look at schools and social media during a Friday night football game. Written in September, this is timely, but honestly, the themes and practical suggestions have implication during any sport any time of the year.
Explore 4 ways you can and should be capturing the Friday night sports moments at your school.
Recently Facebook updated it’s policy regarding contests and promotions. In the past, for example, (to be “legal” under Facebook’s guidelines and policies), you were not allowed to ask people to LIKE your page and then make them eligible for a prize or giveaway. Well that has all changed. Click here to see Facebook’s announcement.
We’ve put together a series of articles and resources to help you navigate through this change Read More→