“Better” is never a differentiator. If you think you have a “better” school because you “teach better” or provide “better classroom experiences” or “better prepare your student for college” – well, I’m suggesting you are wasting your breath. Read More→
Another great story in our “Inspiration and Faith” series – love seeing what “heart” can do in the actions of middle school boys, an unlikely group to display such grace on (and off) the field.
In a previous post, we suggested that email marketing may be the most effective marketing tool your school is NOT using to talk to prospective families. Rather than communicating ONLY with internal current families in your school, you need to have an intentional email marketing system to talk to prospective families. While you want to chronicle the events of your school, this is not the most important thing to a prospective family – and worse, you could make them feel excluded. In this podcast episode, we discuss the rationale for even having two different email marketing systems – one for current families and another for prospective families. Learn how to capture new email addresses (without spamming your prospective families):
- You probably already have a folder of email addresses that have been filled out on open house/campus tour cards.
- Look into your computer’s mail program (Outlook, MacMail).
- With a service like Constant Contact, embed an “opt-in” code on your site so people can subscribe to a newsletter (only ask for name and email address).
- Have people sign up for your newsletter into a computer or tablet set up at a marketing event (Open House)
- Offer premium content that people will give you their email address in exchange for something of great value (useful tips for parenting, helping Seniors find college scholarships, etc.)
- Ask people on Twitter and Facebook to subscribe to your email list.
- Put a call-to-action at the end of each blog post or page.
- Subscribe to our email marketing newsletter for tips on marketing your Christian school.
- Try Constant Contact with a FREE trial.